I absolutely love to read and feel like it is the greatest way to take a mental health break and get lost in a book. Books are a great way to relax your mind, consider new concepts and tactics, and even self-help.
The following is a list of books I’d suggest reading, and some I have read, or am planning to read this summer. Let me know what books you would recommend, or have planned for this summer as well!
- The Defining Decade: why your twenties matter – and how to make the most of them now by Meg Jay
- You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life by Jen Sincero
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- The 5AM Club: Own Your Morning. Elevate Your Life. by Robin Sharma
- What Happened to You? Conversations on Trauma, Resilience, and Healing by Oprah Winfrey & Bruce D. Perry
- Why Has Nobody Told Me This Before? by Dr. Julie Smith
- Getting Back to Happy: Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Reality, and Turn Your Trials into Triumphs by Marc Chernoff
I personally, love to read books that educate me or are ways to let me grow as an individual. You may have a passion for another type of book, prefer a different genre, or perhaps even like audiobooks or podcasts better! That is all okay – I just wanted to promote some great reads for you to investigate, and show you different ways I like to recharge and reset my mind when I’m having hard times with my mental health.
What is on your reading list this summer? What do you like to do to unwind and recharge? Drop your recommendations in the comments below!