Making Art Online
Sometimes it can be nice to distract yourself with something fun you can create!
Here is a drawing I did just now with the trackpad on my laptop. What do you think it looks like—a cat, or a jellyfish, or a spaceship?
- Once at the site, click “Draw something”
- In the upper left hand corner, there is a blue dot. However over it—it should say ‘controls’
- Click on that—it will show 7 colors, and you can change the color you are working with by clicking on the color you want
- You can also mix colors, by holding onto color with your mouse and dragging it to another dot of color
- You can also play with the bar labeled “rotational symmetry,” and turn the ‘mirror across center’ and ‘spiral towards center’ on or off
- Draw by clicking in the center and moving your mouse
- Hit space to clear the page, and z to undo
What other sites do you like to use when you need a distraction? Let us know in the comments!