Indigenous Peoples Day 2022
October 10th was Indigenous Peoples Day 2022. Here some links to find mental health resources for indigenous communities and read/watch stories from indigenous youth
- IndigiLOVE Campaign – We R Native This resource is created by native youth for native youth. They cover a variety of topics, including mental health, and feature poems and visual art created by native youth.
- Other Projects – Indigenous Story Studio (istorystudio.com) has comics, videos, and art for youth
- Two Spirit LGBTQ – NPAIHB features resources and highlights stories by two spirit LGBTQ+ individuals
- You can also look at the NPAIHB Instagram for updates on events and resources NPAIHB (@npaihb) • Instagram photos and videos
- Love is Respect is a project dedicated to providing resources on navigating relationships and ending dating violence. This site includes the StrongHearts Native Helpline
Have you heard of these resources before? Feel free to share your favorite Indigenous authors, creators, and advocates below