Beating the Summer Baking Heat
When it’s hot out the last thing you want to do is turn on the oven and make it hotter! Did you know you can still make delicious desserts and get around the heat by baking with your slow cooker?
These Crockpot S’mores Cookies for example would make a delicious summer treat without the extra heat!
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Base (from Ghirardelli package):
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- For topping:
- 1½ cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup Honey Teddy Grahams
- 20 regular (full-sized, not mini) marshmallows
- Stir flour with baking soda and salt, set aside
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter with sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla
- Gradually blend dry mixture into creamed mixture
- Spray crock well with nonstick spray
- Using a large spoon sprayed with nonstick spray, press dough evenly into crock
- Top by sprinkling evenly with chocolate chips, marshmallow, and Teddy Grahams
- Cover and cook on high for 2-4 hours. Mine took 3.5 hours.
- Cookie is done when lightly browned and edges are starting to get crisp
- Turn off crock and let cool
- Cut and remove with spatula
Find a longer list of delicious treats that can be made in the slower cooker on this buzzfeed list: http://www.buzzfeed.com/rachelysanders/slow-cooker-desserts#.elmAvzPgO.
Do you enjoy baking? What are your favorite recipes? Let us know!