Happiness consists in activity. It is a running stream, not a stagnant pool.
– John Mason Good
On Mondays we often feature blog posts about staying positive. However, what does this really mean? Does it really help?
According to Mental Health of America, “thinking negatively can drag down our moods, our actions and even our health.” Their website also writes about the benefits of staying positive such as:
- Individuals who were optimistic were less likely to die compared to those who were pessimistic
- People who tracked their gratitude weekly were happier and experienced fewer physical complaints.
They also include 10 tools to help individuals feel stronger and more hopeful:
- Connect with others
- Stay positive
- Get physically active
- Help others
- Get enough sleep
- Create joy and satisfaction
- Eat well
- Take care of your spirit
- Deal better with hard times
- Get professional help if you need it
Want to read more about positivity and happiness? Try reading The How of Happiness: A New Approach to Getting the Life You Want.
What do you do to stay positive? Does it help you to think this way?