Home Forums Talking to Parents 👪 Family History and Mental Health

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Moderator ★
      Keymaster
      Does your family have any history of depression or anxiety? Have other family members ever faced stigma for a mental health issue?
      Activity: Ask your parents if they have family members or knew people close to them who were affected by mental health issues and stress – you might relate to some of them! Ask if you can see photos of them if you’ve never met them. Afterwards, share what you’ve found and how that made you feel here. You may find that other adolescents here have had similar experiences.

Check out these articles to get some more information about how blogging ambassadors have explored their family history in the past!

Mental Health in Your Family Tree

A Hobby to Help with Bad Feelings

As a reminder, please make sure to stay anonymous. Please do not share any information which can identify you like: your name, where you live, your contact information, or other personal details.

sillybilly
      Participant

In my family my grandparents, cousins, and even my parents struggled with mental health. Some have depression and some anxiety. I felt relieved that some one else in my family has experienced the same thing as me.

quarrelrelated
      Participant

I have a good number of family members who’ve struggled with mental health. Anxiety, OCD, ADHD, and schizophrenia are all present within three generations on one side of my family.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.