Some people want to talk other’s don’t

Home Forums Communication and Relationships 🗣️ Some people want to talk other’s don’t

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Kit_smiles
      Participant

What is good communication ? Well for starters good communication is a conversation brought by two individuals equally contributing. After getting to know someone on a more closer level for 3 weeks, I realized their lack of communication exhausted me. It seems like my friend had no clear response to things. When I talk to people I like to hear their opinions, after each sentence that this person would say it was clear they did not want to share them. Was it a hit to my self esteem .. uh yes . Will I recover? Sure, I guess I have to give it time but rejection it one of the most painful feelings, and it make’s me feel as if I am abandoned once again. I already have emotional scars from rejection from childhood so every time , I get or feel rejected it hits me like a brick wall. My mental health drops, the only way I can crawl my way out of this deep sadness is by talking to myself and telling myself good attributes that I have. I also work on understanding that not everything is “My” fault, not everything is black & white, you never know what other people are going through, so why make a quick judgement, that they act how they act because of YOU. See communication is hard sometimes, it get’s tricky, there’s so many layers. But try not to sink in the layers of doubt , be yourself, be around people who want to talk to you, be around people who respect you.

YellowMellow

I like this! I have experienced something similar lately, with it feeling like the other person does not put in equal efforts into a friendship. No need to blame that person, in most cases they mean in harm to you. They are likely simply trying to figure stuff out themselves, and this may be clearest in their lack of communication with you. If you are feeling burdened by the relationship because of lack of communication, don’t fret! Do what you think is right, but don’t let the negativity or uncertainty of another person dictate how you feel. Do you!

Gandolfslayer
      Participant

Hello! I am new to this site and would like to introduce myself. I am Gandolfslayer and I am definitely a talker until I need to be one. I know how to talk about anything until I have to talk about how I am feeling. I do not know how to properly express my emotions and feel as though I do not get my point across in the best manor. Which causes a lot of communication barriers for me.

Luckily, this is something that I am actively working on and towards. I try to maintain in the present as much as I can. The more mindful I am, the better my results become.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.